When I read that this weeks Gallery challenge on Sticky Fingers (http://stickyfingers1.blogspot.com/2010/10/gallery-week-31-with-prizes.html) is to show your favourite photo and explain why my first thought was "how on earth do I choose?" . I have so many favourite photos for a miriad of different reasons, but then one came into my minds eye and I knew it had to be the one. An enjoyable (and poignant) half hour ensued as I searched for the pic and I was so happy to find it. It is of my dad and I on holiday when I was a teenager. I had just finished mocks for my GCSEs I think and had done moderately well. I came home on the Friday before half term to be told "pack a bag we're going away for a week". Dad wouldn't tell me where we were going , only that it was a reward trip for doing well. My poor mum had to stay at home and work. We travelled to Wales and stayed overnight in a bed and breakfast and the next morning caught a plane to Mallorca! We had a wonderful week together, I am the youngest (by nine years) of 5 and had always been a daddy's girl - or a 'spoilt brat' if you listen to my brother and sisters and this time spent alone with my dad was priceless. Dad was a hard taskmaster - if I got 95% the question was always "what happened to the other 5%?" but I knew he was proud of me and this unexpected trip really brought that home to me.
Sadly my dad died several years ago but I will always be a daddy's girl and I will always treasure the memories of this holiday ;0)
My blog is a collection of thoughts and I hope you will learn something about me from the ramblings as well as finding some useful links. I'm Bev Humphrey and I'm a Literacy, School Libraries and Technology Consultant. I am self employed so views expressed are solely my own.
All Android Apps Authors Bett Book Giving Day Books Cats Childrens Books Christmas Christmas Challenge Conferences Dickens Dyslexia English Games Geography Graphic Novels Images Inspiration International Women's Day Ipad Ipad For Education Libraries London Mfl Picture Books Podcasts Poetry Poetry Day Primaries Reading Resources Revision Twitter Urls Video Visits Wbd Wordcloud Wordle Workshops Write Path Writers Writing YA Youtube